Simple Pantry Swaps at Source
Looking to make healthier choices in the kitchen? Start by swapping out some of your pantry staples for cleaner alternatives! These simple swaps can make a big difference in your overall health and well-being.
The Intrinsic Value of Food
At face value, we eat for survival. However, the food industry has evolved quite significantly, and now dining is much more than calorie consumption for energy. It is an experience that can be controlled in a way that is beneficial for your health and well-being.
Some restaurants and food companies today don’t always have your best interest at heart. They cook and create with seed oils, use exorbitant amounts of sugar and salt, and don’t source ingredients ethically. While this is discomforting and may make some want to write off ever dining at the local pizza joint or indulging in a mass-produced candy bar again, we are here to remind you that everything is okay in moderation. So, to best enjoy a balanced lifestyle, start by controlling the controllables.What You Can Do
The easiest place to do this is in your own home. If you control what is in your pantry, you are guaranteed to cook clean meals, snack healthily and avoid overindulging in foods that don’t make you feel your best. This allows for the occasional meal out to be less than clean and consumed without worry. To begin, take inventory of your current kitchen staples. Read the ingredient labels and weed out the products that contain the “hateful eight” seed oils, loads of added sugar, or other ingredients that cause irritation to your body and being. Next, make a list and come visit us at Source Market Miami to restock your pantry full of healthy, organic products.
Some of our favorite Source swaps include:
Nutella → Fine & Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread
- Fine & Raw Hazelnut Butter Spread is crafted only with organic ingredients and has just 9g of sugar per serving as compared to Nutella’s 21g per serving!
Ritz Crackers → MoonShot Sourdough Sea Salt
- Ritz crackers contain hydrogenated cottonseed oil, a trans fat that is banned in other countries around the world.
- Instead, try MoonShoot crackers that are USDA certified and plant-based!
Jif Peanut Butter → Maya’s Mills Sea Salt Sesame Butter
- Full of sugar and hydrogenated oils, Jif is a far from harmless spread.
- Maya’s Mill’s Sesame Butter is a cleaner choice with just four simple ingredients.
- Oatly contains a high amount of maltose in comparison to Minor Figures, which contains 0g of added sugar per serving, making it naturally sweet and lighter.
Chips Ahoy → Mmmly Soft Baked Cookies: Dark Chocolate Chip
- Chips Ahoy cookies are made with high-fructose corn syrup, an ingredient that wreaks havoc on the body.
- For a cleaner treat, try Mmmly cookies, sweetened naturally by apples!
Welch's Fruit Snacks → Ugly Upcycled White Nectarines
- Despite the deceiving packaging, Welch's fruit snacks are full of added sugars and modified corn starch which is harmful to dental health and overall well-being.
- Opt for Ugly upcycled fruit snacks instead! They are sustainable and subtly sweet.
Kraft Mac n’ Cheese → All Clean Food Plant-Based Creamy Mac
- The powdered cheese found in Kraft mac and cheese contains more than four times the phthalate amount than natural, unprocessed cheeses.
- Instead, try All Clean Foods plant-based creamy mac, which is also gluten-free and contains 5g of vegan protein per serving!
Stop into Source to get started and visit our Journal to find out more about the best swaps to make for your health!
You can find these pantry swap products either in store or online. Visit us in store Monday through Friday, 10:30am - 6pm and online shopping is available. Online orders are typically available for pickup within 1-2 hours.